Dr. Jessica Swoboda was born in Grand Forks, North Dakota and moved to the Redmond/Woodinville area in 1986. She was the valedictorian of her high school and went on to attend the University of Washington. She graduated from the UW with a Bachelor of Science in Neurobiology and continued on at the University of Washington School of Dentistry to receive her dental degree (Doctor of Dental Surgery).
While in dental school, Dr. Swoboda did research, took many elective courses, and did an externship in Malmo, Sweden. She remained at UW for an additional 3 years to specialize in Periodontics and complete research to get her Masters of Science in Dentistry (MSD) degree. Her research focused on the link between periodontitis (gum disease) and systemic diseases in older adults, and was published in the Journal of Periodontology. She has presented her research findings in Seattle, Memphis, San Diego, Honolulu, Toronto,and Switzerland. She has also received numerous awards and scholarships. Dr. Swoboda went through additional testing to become a board-certified periodontist with the American Board of Periodontology.
Dr. Swoboda is currently an Affiliate Assistant Professor at the University of Washington Dental School . She is active in many dental study clubs and volunteers her time on various boards and fundraisers. Dr. Swoboda is friendly, compassionate, gentle, and has a nice chair-side manner. She is married and enjoys hiking, snowshoeing, golf, travel, and spending time with her son Carson and Golden Retriever, Abby.
- University of Washington, Seattle, WA-BS Neurobiology
- University of Washington School of Dentistry, Seattle, WA-DDS
- University of Washington School of Dentistry, Seattle, WA-MSD
- American Academy of Periodontology
- Academy of Osseointegration
- American Dental Association
- Washington State Society of Periodontists (President 2011)
- Washington State Dental Association
- University of Washington School of Dentistry Alumni Board (Treasurer)
- Seattle King County Dental Society (Member of the Budget and Finance Committee and the Fundraising Committee)
- Diplomate of the American Board of Periodontology
- Conscious Intravenous (IV) sedation
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS)
- Certificate in Periodontics
- Advanced training in Implant Dentistry
- Certified in Accelerated Osteogenic Orthodontics (Wilckodontics)